Are you a proud owner of the sleek and powerful iPhone 13? Smartphones have become a necessary component of our lives in the fast-paced world of today. They keep us connected, provide entertainment, and help us in emergencies.
The blog is divided in 4 parts. Keep reading to find out what SOS is and why you should turn it off on your iPhone
Table of Contents
What is SOS on iPhone?
Apple’s iPhone 13 is a powerful device with a range of features, including one that can be a lifesaver – SOS. While the SOS feature is a valuable addition, there might be times when you need to turn it off, either temporarily or permanently. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to turn off SOS on your iPhone 13.
Why Would You Want to Turn Off SOS on iPhone 13?
The SOS feature on your iPhone 13 is designed to quickly call for help in emergency situations. When you press the power button five times in quick succession, your device contacts local emergency services and your emergency contacts. While this feature can be a lifesaver, there are situations where you might want to turn it off. But certain iPhones might also have a feature called “Auto Call” that, once the countdown has finished, automatically calls emergency services without requiring you to slide the Emergency SOS slider.
* In your day-to-day life, you might accidentally trigger the SOS feature, leading to unnecessary calls to emergency services.
* For privacy reasons, you might not want your emergency contacts to be notified each time you press the power button multiple times.
* If you are conducting tests or demonstrations with your iPhone 13, you might need to disable the SOS feature temporarily.
* You should disable this option if your children use your iPhone in order to prevent any false warnings.
* Because the side button keeps mistakenly activating the SOS Feature, you must switch it off if you want to use it for something else
* For some people, it may be necessary to unlock their iPhone if it is stuck in SOS mode.
Now, let’s explore the steps to turn off SOS on your iPhone 13.
How to Turn Off SOS on iPhone 13
Disable Auto Call
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone 13.
2. Scroll down and tap on Emergency SOS
3. Toggle off the switch next to Auto Call. This will prevent your iPhone from automatically calling emergency services when you press the power button five times.
Remove Emergency Contacts
Adding Emergency contacts is also possible with the iPhone SOS feature. Your medical ID will include all of these new emergency contacts. These contacts will be shared with the emergency personnel if you have activated an SOS on your iPhone, enabling them to get in touch with you right away in case of an emergency.
These Emergency Contacts will also be informed of your current location. However, if you added the incorrect Emergency Contact and now want to remove it, don’t worry; we’ve listed the procedures to disable Emergency Contacts on an iPhone below.
1. Open the Health App from the home screen of your iPhone.
2. Select the Medical ID option in the lower right corner of the App once you’ve logged in.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen after selecting the Edit option.
4. Your screen will show all of your emergency contacts; tap on the one you want to delete.
5. To remove the contact from your list, select Delete Medical ID.
6. Once the Contact has been deleted, select the “done” option to save the modifications.
Turn Off SOS in Control Center
1. Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open the Control Center.
2. Tap on the SOS icon to turn it off. The icon looks like a crescent moon.
Turn Off SOS Mode on iPhone by Switching Airplane Mode On and Off
Recently, a lot of iOS users have claimed that the problem can be resolved by going on and off Airplane Mode. Simply turn on airplane mode and then turn it off when SOS is triggered on your device. The SOS icon will eventually vanish from your status bar, and your iPhone will restart its signal search after a short period
1. Choose the Settings app from the iPhone Home Screen.
2. To activate Airplane mode, look for it and then tap on it.
3. After a few seconds, touch the Airplane mode option a second time to turn it off.
4. You can also enable and disable the Airplane mode from the Control Center.
5. Swipe down from the top right corner to open Control Center.
6. Now tap on the Airplane mode button to enable it and then a few seconds later tap on the button to disable it.
Disable SOS Mode on iPhone by activating and deactivating Cellular Data
iOS users have found it easier to disable the SOS feature on their iPhones by turning on and off their cellular data plans. If you wish to disable the SOS on your iPhone using Cellular Data, please follow the steps listed below.
1. Select the Settings App from the Home Screen after unlocking your iPhone.
2. Select Cellular from the menu, then select Cellular Data to enable it.
3. After a little delay, touch the Cellular Data option once more to turn it off.
4. Through Control Center, you may also enable and disable Cellular Data.
You can quickly turn off the SOS feature on your iPhone 13 by using these techniques. Remember that you can reactivate it at any time by taking the same actions and turning the options on.
How to Turn Off SOS on iPhone 13
Frequently Asked Questions about Turning off SOS on iPhone
Can I turn off SOS permanently?
Ans.: While you can’t disable SOS permanently, you can follow the steps mentioned earlier to turn it off temporarily. This ensures you have control over when the feature is active.
What happens if I accidentally trigger SOS?
Ans.: If you accidentally activate SOS, you can cancel the call within a few seconds. You’ll receive an alert, allowing you to stop the call before it connects to emergency services.
Can I modify how my iPhone answers emergency calls?
Yes, you may change the settings for emergency calls in the Settings app by choosing Emergency SOS and changing things like Call with Hold and Auto Call.
Why is my phone in SOS mode all the time?
Accidental button presses, hardware or software difficulties, carrier- or network-related issues, emergency SOS settings, or software modifications could all cause your phone to be in SOS mode all the time.
Undoubtedly a useful safety net, the iPhone 13’s SOS feature may, however, be turned off when necessary. You can make sure that you have control over when your device contacts emergency services and your chosen contacts by following the instructions in this guide.